Vegan and Gluten Free
Write a review
- 1.5 cups dry lentils
- 1 tbsp oil (coconut or olive oil prefered)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- pinch of nigella
- 1 tbsp masala
- 1 tbsp curry
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes or whole tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions (chopped up), garlic and ginger until the onion is translucent, a couple minutes.
- 2. Add the tomato paste, all spices and saute for another few minutes.
- 3. Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are very tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- I like to top this with broccoli sprouts or any greens, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Organic Lulula http://organiclulula.com/