It’s simple, healthy and yummy. Nothing beats asparagus season (April is prime time). Their is no reason you need to have a boring green salad when you can have this.
Avocado, Tomato & Asparagus Salad
Write a review
- 1 bunch of organic asparagus
- 1 basket of organic cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 avocados
- 4 shallot bulbs
- 1 bunch green onions
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Lightly boil asparagus in a saute pan. Once water is boiled, add asparagus for approx 5 minutes. You want the asparagus to still be crunchy but cooked a little. The amount of time needed depends on the size of the asparagus so stay close by and test it. Remove asparagus from water and heat and place on a chopping block to cool off (or you can place it in the fridge for 10 minutes).
- Slice shallots and saute them in a little olive oil until crispy-ish but not burnt.
- Wash and chop all cherry tomatoes in half
- Wash and slice green onions into thin-ish slices
- Slice avocados into bunches
- Slice the asparagus into 2 inch pieces
- Put everything into 1 bowl and add dressing
- Dressing: 4 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon
- 2 tsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- whisk & adjust amounts from your taste preferences
Organic Lulula http://organiclulula.com/