Carrot Ginger Soup
Spicy cosy soup to soothe your soul.
Write a review
- • 1 bag of carrots
- • 1 small piece of ginger
- • spices
- • 1 pear
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 4 cups veggie/vegan broth
- • 1 tbsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Clean carrots and place in a cooking pan. Drizzle carrots with olive oil and add spices. Rub the spices all over the carrots with your hands. Add slices of pear to the pan and bake in the oven until the are tender - approx 1 hr.
- Once the carrots are baked. Bring 2 cups of veggie broth to a stive top boil in a large pot and place the carrots into the broth. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the mix from the stove and let cool.
- Blend the carrots, broth and ginger in a blender until smooth. Add more of the remaining broth as needed to create a smooth consistency.
- Add pureed soup back into the pot to warm up before serving.
- Top with croutons, sliced green onions, shredded kale of a topper of your choice for a little crunch.
- Depending on the type of blender you have you might be able to blend easily right away without getting burnt (a vitamix will work well for this) - however other blenders have a soft plastic lid that once you blend the carrots and broth the top where your hand in will be very hot so if you have once of these blenders let the soup cool a lot.
Organic Lulula http://organiclulula.com/